If you’re looking to lose 10 pounds, walking is an easy way to do it! But how many miles should you walk per day? The answer depends on your starting weight and your ultimate goal. If your goal is to lose weight as safely as possible, here’s a breakdown of how many miles you should walk per day based on your starting weight and your ultimate goal.
How Many Miles Should You Walk Per Day To Lose 10 Pounds? [Complete Guide]
If you want to lose 10 pounds, one of the best ways is by walking. Walking burns calories and keeps you fit. It’s also good for your heart and bones. The number of calories that you burn depends on how many miles you walk in a day. And how many minutes you walk each day as well.
Walking a mile burns roughly 100 calories and takes about 2,000 steps. 1 pound is equal to 3,500 calories. So if you want to reduce your weight by 10 pounds, you’ll have to burn 35000 calories in total. You can do this by walking 5 miles per day which will burn 500 calories each day. In a week, this is 3500 calories worth of walking—which means that after 10 weeks of walking 50 miles, or about one mile every two hours, you’ll have lost 10 pounds!
If you eat 500 calories per day or less, it will be easy for you to lose weight. So if your goal is to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks, then it will take around 50 miles or more than 1 hour per day for you to achieve this goal. It’s also possible to walk at a slower pace, but the calories burned per hour will be less.
So don’t forget that walking is an effective way of losing weight quickly so get started now!
A Step-By-Step Guide For Losing Weight By Walking
Losing weight by walking is a great option for those who don’t have time to spend at an exercise club or can’t afford pricey fitness classes. It’s also easy on your joints and is one of the best ways to ensure that you actually stick with your weight-loss plan and get results. As with any exercise regimen, there are a few different things you need to do in order to lose weight by walking. Here are five steps you can follow:
1. Set up small goals so you don’t get overwhelmed. If you set a goal of walking 15 miles every day, it’s going to be difficult for most people to maintain that schedule. Instead, aim for walking 30 minutes per day, five days per week.
2. Find a friend to walk with Walking is more fun when you do it with someone else! Not only will you hold yourself accountable, but walking with someone else will make your walks go faster.
3. Keep track of how many calories you burn Each person burns calories differently based on age, gender, height, and weight. To find out how many calories you burn while walking, use our calorie calculator.
4. Incorporate strength training into your routine Strength training helps build muscle mass which burns more calories than fat does when exercising or just sitting around. Aim for two days per week where you incorporate strength training into your routine
5. Track the progress Keeping track of your progress will help keep you motivated. Every couple of weeks, weigh yourself and take measurements to see if you’re meeting your goals! This is a great way to keep motivated during long periods without seeing results.
6. Moreover, the ideal number of miles per day depends on several factors such as whether or not you’re already active, how much weight you want to lose, and what other activities (like strength training) you’re doing in addition to walking.
Does Walking Burn More Calories Compare To Other Activities?
If you’re wondering how many calories walking will burn compared to other activities, it varies widely. But walking is better than doing nothing because it gets your heart pumping and your body moving, which helps keep you lean.
Many people count their calories, but some don’t realize that walking actually burns more calories than most people expect. When you walk slowly, it can burn around 100 to 175 calories in 30 minutes. If you walk faster (3.5 mph), you can burn more than 200 calories in a half-hour period!
That doesn’t seem like much compared to other activities like cycling or weightlifting, but remember that walking is low-impact and doesn’t leave your joints feeling sore after. It might be better for your joints than other activities as well! Walking may also help you lose weight faster since studies show people tend to eat fewer calories when they exercise regularly.
Burning fat is possible with exercise. However, you may have to be on a very restrictive diet or significantly increase your activity level in order to achieve your weight loss goals. As with any goal-setting or weight-loss plan, start slow and add more as you get comfortable! To help reach your target weight faster without increasing your activity level too quickly, try incorporating different types of physical activity into your routine (things like strength training and cardio) that can speed up results while keeping you healthy.
If you’re looking to lose 10 pounds, walking is a great way to do it! But how many miles should you walk a day to reach your goal? Here’s a breakdown of how many miles you should walk per day to lose 10 pounds in a healthy way.
We hope this blog post has given you some ideas and inspiration for how to lose weight, and that you are able to lose 10 pounds in a healthy way that doesn’t take too much time for you. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.
I am a health advisor(therapist), writer, and therapy expert who researches various therapy topics to help people live happier lives, and I have shared many tips and tricks on many types of therapy for the standard of living.