When it comes to beauty treatments, dermatologists know best. And that goes double when you’re talking about red light therapy on your face! But if you don’t have access to professional red light therapy machines, you may be wondering how often to do red light therapy on your face at home on your own.
There are two different approaches to using a red light on your skin: one involves using it daily, while the other involves using it weekly or twice weekly. Which approach works best depends on the reason you’re using the red light, so let’s break down both approaches in detail! In this article, we’ll also discuss red light therapy for healthy skin and what you can expect from it if you try it out today.
How Often Should You Do Red Light on Therapy Your Face (Dermatologist-Approved)
Low-level laser treatment (LLLT), photobiomodulation (PMB), and low-power laser therapy are additional names for red light therapy (LPLT).
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your face as often as you think you should. After all, it’s not like you can see your face in the mirror and tell if it’s looking good or not. But did you know that red light therapy is a great way to treat acne and other skin conditions on your face? But how often should I use led light therapy at home?
It’s recommended to start by doing red light therapy on your face for 10 minutes every day. You should be looking for a timer on the device you’re using and make sure to do it in the morning and at night, if possible.
After about two weeks, increase the amount of time you use red light therapy on your face to 15 minutes every day. After another two weeks, increase to 20 minutes.
At this point, it is advisable that you consult with your dermatologist or another medical professional before continuing any longer because there are some instances where too much light can cause skin cancer. If they give the okay, try 30 minutes per day after another month or so.
Lastly, keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be just one time per day. You can divide up your red light therapy sessions throughout the course of your day as long as they don’t exceed more than an hour in total.
What are the Best Benefits of Red Light Therapy for The Face?
You may have heard of the benefits of red light therapy to promote collagen creation. What kinds of results can you expect to see?
Red light therapy on your face can help you out with more than just anti-aging. It’s been shown to reduce the appearance of acne and pimples, improve skin texture, relieve dryness and irritation, and even heal wounds. Here are the best benefits of using red light therapy on your face:
1) Facial red light treatments help increase blood flow in your body by as much as 27%. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to all of the cells in our bodies, which promotes healing. By increasing blood flow in the facial area, facial treatments can make skin look younger and healthier by preventing wrinkles and other signs of aging.
2) Studies show that when applied directly to acne or blemishes, red light therapy on your face increases cell turnover rates in those areas. And make them less likely to form future breakouts or zits.
3) According to dermatologists at Harvard Medical School’s dermatology clinic, you should use a red light at least once per week for 5-10 minutes each session for maximum effect against wrinkles and premature aging. If you’re looking for something smaller and more portable, try one of these.
4) One study showed that applying 10 minutes of red light therapy on your face twice a day for two weeks helped participants see an average reduction in dark spots by 38%. Acne was also reduced over time after subjects used the lights to treat their faces twice daily.
However, not every participant saw results from this treatment, so if it doesn’t work well for you after four weeks then discontinue use.
Is There Any Risk in Getting RLT More Often at Home?
The risk of using RLT at home more often than recommended is that it may not have the same effect as if you were using it in a dermatologist’s office, but there is no major risk to your health. There are various factors, such as your skin type and the frequency of use, that can influence how well RLT works for you.
Able to see the positive effects of red light therapy in just a week or two? Then try these tips for getting RLT at home:
- Buy an LED light that’s specifically designed for RLT. This will ensure you’re using the right kind of light and intensity.
- Make sure your room is clean and that there are no other sources of light (or heat) in your bedroom while you sleep.
- If you want to use it as a treatment, start by applying the red light to your face for 10 minutes every day for one week.
- After that, gradually increase the time until you’re up to 20 minutes each day.
How to Use Red Light Therapy for a Healthy Glow
Red light therapy is an FDA-approved treatment that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions and to help your complexion. Red light therapy works by promoting collagen creation and a healthy glow.
To get the benefits of red light therapy, apply the treatment every day for at least 10 minutes before or after your morning routine, which is the best time to use red light therapy on your face.
It’s best to use it at night if you have sensitive skin. When you first start using redlight for your face, you’ll see positive results within a week or two. But keep in mind that it may take longer for you to see results than for other people because our skin ages at a different pace!
Before you start, be sure to consult your doctor if you have any medical conditions. To get the best results, it’s important to use red light therapy every day. But if you have sensitive skin, we recommend doing it every other day instead of every day. If red light therapy sounds like something that would work for your needs, then give it a try!